Our school counsellor is Mr. Bruce Watts.
Schedule: Every morning at Watson Road Elementary.
Counselling services are available for students who:
- Are encountering a personal crisis
- Are designated as special needs according to the Ministry of Education behaviour criteria.
- Encounter difficulties adapting to the learning environment
- Experience emotional, social, or behaviour concerns which significantly interfere with their ability to function at school.
In addition services may include:
1. Consultation with parents, staff, and community personnel. Making referrals to appropriate community support agencies and programs.
2. Short term individual or group support addressing emotional, social and /or behavioural concerns.
3. Development of individual plans for students designated as special needs according to the Ministry of Education behaviour criteria.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school counsellor if your child is experiencing difficulty at school and needs counselling support.