Watson Road Elementary
Battle of the Books lists for the 2016-17 school year is posted under Library Programs.
Author Richard Scrimger will be coming to Watson Road Elemenatary
to speak with grades 1-6 students in November!!
The library at Watson Road is an integral part of our school. All students have the opportunity to visit the library regularly and are encouraged to use the variety of resources.
- Provide students with literacy learning tools that will develop abilities that will allow students to be successful in our technology age.
- Provide access to and teach students to independently use a multiplicity of text types to help them to meet the literacy demands of the 21st century.
- Plan and implement reading motivational programs and curricular integrated projects through the library and classroom cooperation.
- To continue to build a balanced library collection by regular weeding and purchasing quality resources for our staff and students that meet curricular needs, a range of student reading levels and interests.
- To develop and foster a love of reading in all of our students through regular use of the library and library programs.
- Encourage lifelong learning through resource based instruction using literature and technology.
Mrs. L. Mamchur (Teacher-Librarians)
Mrs. W. Sanderson (Library Assistant)
* Students are encouraged to come to the library often when they need new books. They can exchange their books independently during the following schedule:
Hours of Operation
8:10 A.M.- 2:45 P.M.
Open Book Exchange: Monday-Friday
8:10 A.M.- 8:25 A.M.
2:30 A.M.- 2:45 P.M.
Method 1: Links can by typed directly like this ...
School District No. 23
Kelowna's Home Page
Method 2: Links can be embedded like this ...